Re: Cygwin and Interix interoperability?

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I don't get it.  We're using .lnk symlinks for quite some time and open
works transparently with them.

Sorry; clarification (again): open() in Windows, outside of Cygwin. I.e. if I try to open a path in Notepad that contains a symlink, it doesn't work with Cygwin's .lnk's. It *does* work with real NFS symlinks.

At any rate, Cygwin *isn't* the Windows API... Why shouldn't Cygwin be
allowed to get it right for those API's that ask for POSIX-style
permissions?

Cygwin is running in the Windows subsystem, Interix isn't. Cygwin can only use functions in the Win32 API, or in the native NT API as far as the call is allowed from user space.

Explorer is able to retrieve these. Thus, I'm assuming that there /is/ an NT API way of doing it. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'll keep you posted if I ever get around to messing with this stuff.

--
Matthew
If you can't use a real OS, at least use Cygwin to fake one!