Re: Launch APP over SSH

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU

Wesley Smith wrote:
I'm trying to run a program called MaxMSP. [snip]
Even though I won't be graphically interating with it, I still want to
be able to launch it this way.

One really cheap way would be to write an app that sits around and waits for a message to launch this other app, but it sounds like this might not be an option. I don't know if http://www.realvnc.com/ would be of any help?

To try to be more helpful... What user is your sshd running as? If it is
SYSTEM, have you checked 'allow service to interact with the desktop'?
How do I check this?

Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services. Your SSH service *might* be "CYGWIN sshd", but it might not.
Find it and go to Properties->Log On.

--
Matthew
If you can't use a real OS, at least use Cygwin to fake one!