Re: serial ports

Dave Korn schrieb:
>   Trying to mix win32 perl and cygwin is a recipe for tears.  Sure, use CPAN
> modules, that is of course a good idea; but if the *nix one doesn't work under
> cygwin, fixing it or rolling your own or even just using the bog-standard file
> i/o features in perl is definitely far safer.

  First of all: I was just missing the fact, that /dev/ttyS3 is there
but did not show up in `ls /dev/ttyS3' as Igor stated.  Thanks for the hint.

  I'm still no perl expert and I have to learn "the correct way to do
it".  I want to write my modules as portable as possible and Cygwin
seems to be the best approach.  :-)

  I'm trying to get rid of using Visual Basic on Windows, which I used a
lot in the past for such kind of things including using com ports.  I
installed Device::SerialPort altough some tests fail.  I'm trying to
find out why, but this may take some time and is probably not related
with Cygwin anymore.

--
Cheers,
Oliver