Re: cygwin quite mode install with non default packages

shaick mohamed wrote:
Hi,

I need to install cygwin in quite mode with selecting few packages
like unzip/zip (which by default won't be sected for install). Is
there any way I can achive this.

I tried by downloading the needed package, now the setup.ini has all
the packages I want to install and the release folder contain all the
binary files. But when I try to install from the local directory it is
not installing the needed packages like unzip. So I run the setup.exe
with interactive mode and found that again by default the unzip
package is not marked for install. So Can somebody give light on this.

Any short of help will be greatly appreciated.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the simplest and easiest way to do what
you want to do is to simply edit your local setup.ini to put the packages
you want into the "Base" category.  Everything in "Base" is automatically
installed.  There are other ways to achieve something similar, such as

<http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2006-04/msg00039.html>

or

<http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/package-server.html>

But if you just want to do this once, editing the setup.ini file is probably
the easiest thing to do.

Holliston, MA 01746