Call for testing Cygwin snapshot

Hi,

it's time again to release a new Cygwin version.

We're on the way to 1.5.20, and we're hoping that this release solves
or at least workarounds a couple of problems introduced in earlier
versions.

1.5.20 is mainly supposed to be a bugfix release.

A couple of changes we're especially interested in getting feedback:

- The problem with Ctrl-C propagated to an unrelated child process
  (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-04/msg00556.html) should be fixed.

- Reintroducing the dirent member d_ino.  1.5.20 tries hard to return a
  useful d_ino value, which is supposed to be also the same as st_ino as
  returned by stat(2) in all cases, regardless of the obstacles to do
  this on Windows.  Do you have strange file systems like HPFS or ClearCase?

- Raw disk access was apparently broken for CD and DVD drives on NT4 and
  Win2K (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-03/msg00638.html).  That's
  hopefully fixed.

Please test the latest snapshot (at least 2006-Apr-24) from

  http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Please report back in this thread when you encounter a problem, which
you can't reproduce with 1.5.18 or 1.5.19.  We're interested in
regressions in the first place.

Keep in mind that we can easier find problems if you attach a brief,
concise, selfcontained testcase, if possible in plain C, which allows
easy reproducing.

If nothing's overly badly broken, we're planning to release 1.5.20
within this week.  Keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks in advance,
Corinna

Red Hat