X-client on Cygwin/XP, X-server on 'Nix

Hello!

I have sshd, ssh, and X11 set up on my XP laptop such that I can "ssh -Y"
into linux boxes and run programs there while sitting at my laptop.

I would like also to do the reverse:  To "ssh -X" into my laptop from a
unix box and to run x-clients on my laptop while sitting at the unix
workstation.  I can ssh into my laptop, but I cannot get x-forwarding
working in this direction.

When I try to start an x-client on my laptop from a unix box, I get the
following error:

$ xeyes
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

I have made sure that the line "X11Forwarding yes" is in /etc/sshd_config.
I also  tried to create a file called "~/.ssh/.config" with the line
"ForwardX11=yes" in it.

While SSHed into my laptop, I can see that $DISPLAY has been appropriately
set:
$ echo $DISPLAY
localhost:10.0

as opposed to, when logged in locally,
$ echo $DISPLAY
127.0.0.1:0.0

I can also see that 'localhost' is resolved correctly ("MACHINE2048" is
my laptop):
$ ping localhost
Pinging MACHINE2048 [127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

When I run xhost, everything appears to be correct:
$ xhost
access control enabled, only authorized clients can connect
INET:MACHINE2048
INET:localhost
INET:MACHINE2048.netname.net <-- Actual netname removed
LOCAL:

I'm stumped.  Any ideas?  (Thanks in advance!)