need help with cygwin snapshot debugging

There are a few reported problems with the current snapshots that
require some debugging:

1) http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-04/msg00718.html
2) http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-05/msg00205.html

There are also supposedly some problems with openssh which may be
due to either Corinna's raising of the pipe buffer size or to her
switch to use socketpair.

I would appreciate knowing if anyone can duplicate 1) above and
I'd like to know if my debugging suggestion in 2) worked.  If you
can duplicate 1) then any insight into why it is happening would
be welcome.

In general, I'd appreciate any *substantive* effort to track down
snapshot problems.

Since the previous "call for testing" thread seems to have gotten
bogged down a little, please post any snapshot-related observations
here.

cgf