RE: No postnews or other Usenet news utilities?

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Dave Korn wrote:

> On 24 May 2006 21:48, Bruce Wehr wrote:
>
> >>   Spamming is a sin; it is selfishness and arrogance to the
> >> point of solipsism.  Stop it today.
> >
> > HEY!  One point we can agree on!  Cool!  Maybe you're not such a bad
> > guy after all!
> >
> >> READ the faq:
> >> http://www.faqs.org/faqs/misc-forsale-faq/posting-ads/
> >
> > OMG, thank you!  A useful, helpful pointer!  THAT'S the kind of stuff
> > I was looking for in a reply!  I was starting to think that your post
> > had no substance at all; that it was full of useless flames and
> > nothing else.
> >
> > Honestly, that document didn't exist when I was selling Pokemon cards
> > several years ago.  (If it was, I wasn't aware of it, and nobody
> > pointed it out to me.)  I will read that document, in it's entirety,
> > and heed its advice.  Thank you again for at least that one piece of
> > useful information.
> >
> > Now that THAT'S settled, does anyone else have any other USEFUL
> > information for me?
>
>   Well, since you're not going to spam with it,
> http://cygwin.com/packages/ lists pine and tin.  I haven't tried either
> of them myself but lots of people swear by them so you might like to
> have a go.

Pine is only semi-scriptable on the command line.  See
<http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/info/outgoing.html>.  The
currently released Cygwin package does not contain that patch.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"