'ps' - is it supposed to do that?

I was looking at 'ps' one day, wishing it would limit its output to just "my" processes. Just now, I realized it is... it is showing me all of *my* processes, rather than all of the *tty's* processes. On most other (real) OS's, I'm used to the limit - sans '-e' - being 'this /tty/', not 'this /user/'.

So, I was wondering... is there a reason it works this way?

While I'm on the subject, does anyone know/remember if it is possible to recognize distinct real consoles (i.e. is it possible to show con/0, con/1, etc)?

--
Matthew
The hippo made me do it! What? What do you mean you can't see the hippo?