Re: \cygwin\bin\sh.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap, Win32 error 487

Mark Bartel wrote:
Is anybody working on this?

I would quote some relevant context as to what "this" is, but not only do you like http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU and don't use correct quoting style, but you seem to have snipped all usable context as well.

You might try http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/; I believe its default configuration is more friendly. If you can't (or don't want to) use it with your e-mail, you can always use news://news.gmane.org and use TB only as a newsreader.

It isn't just me, as I've had another person ask me about it in private
email (also on a Thinkpad, an R52 in his case, btw).

Nope, it isn't just you. I've seen a similar error - often if I try to ctrl-C things - but it hasn't caused me enough problems (none, really) to complain about it.

--
Matthew
Interix, Sphinterix. Cygwin apps don't crash. :-)