RE: FW: Need help to compile coreutils-5.96

Hi,

What you say makes sense. I have run coreutils-5.96-1.sh first and it
did not complete correctly because I did not have patch installed. I
have downloaded patch and then executed the script again thinking that
it would overwrite what the first attempt did. I will try to redo the
whole process from scratch and If I still have the problem, I'll come
back to report it.

BTW, it is the first time I try to compile a cygwin package and I'm
really amazed how easy it is. I used to have bad experiences with
compiling stuff on Unix but with your package, everything went very
smooth and flawlessly except for my small glitch.

Nice job!

Greetings,
Olivier Langlois
http://www.olivierlanglois.net

`_cygwin_spelling'
> > copy.o:copy.c:(.text+0x2b38): undefined reference to
`_cygwin_spelling'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> > Does someone have any idea about what is wrong?
>
> It sounds like you did not properly run the
/usr/src/coreutils-5.96-1.sh
> script to prep the source with my downstream patches.
cygwin_spelling()