Re: Cron only sees local HD mounts

Han Yuan wrote:
All,
I'm on a windows XP pro based system. I've been trying to get cron to
run some scheduled scripts but it unfortunately only is able to
recognize my locally mounted hds and not the network drives I have
mapped (c and e are my local drives).
I have installed cron to run as a service as myself (instead of system).
I've run all the various utilities, uninstalled, reinstalled several
times:
cygrunsrv --stop cron
cygrunsrv --remove cron
cygrunsrv --install cron -p /usr/sbin/cron -a -D -e CYGWIN="tty ntsec
binmode" -u hyuan
cygrunsrv --start cron

Why not use '/usr/bin/cron-config', so you're sure you're not running into
some basic config issue?

I have also googled extensively. At this point in time, I am at a
complete loss. Any help would be appreciated. Could it be a
permissions/group issue? I cannot tell. I ran cron_diagnose.sh 1.10
and it said all was well.
Any wisdom that the group can provide would be MUCH appreciated. I've
spent at least 5 hours banging my head on this issue.

WJFFM.
What does '/var/log/cron.log' or Windows event log say?

I've attached my cygcheck here:

Actually, we call this *appending*.  Which much prefer *attaching* to
appending.  It makes for less false-positives when searching the archives
for info on a particular package, etc.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746