Re: rsync over ssh hang issue understood

Christopher Faylor wrote:
I just want to be clear here.  I really do want to be convinced that the
current implementation in cygwin can't be fixed before we scrap that and
implement something new.

Yes I intend to "convince" the list of my findings.

I have simple cut down unix code that works on unix for not under cywin, over the next few days I should have a lid on the exact rsync and ssh interactions at the time of the lockup and be able to describe the problem better.

When I announce that situation it will be for the original implementer or current maintainer to then speak up an defend their design. As I should be able to point out the exact nature of the problem, where the POSIX semantics got broke and maybe where misunderstandings in how WIN32 kernel behaves in some scenarios.

Failing any defence I (or anyone else) can use my testcase to work on a better design.

Darryl