cygwin windows are white in 2nd monitor

I upgraded to XP SP2, yes I was behind. After patching, all windows that
are controlled by cygwin, local xterm, remote display's sent to this
computer, are all white. The windows work  fine in the primary screen
(screen 1). I start cygwin with c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\startxwin.bat. I
have not modified this script from the default install so XWin starts
with "XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -silent-dup-error".

After patching XP, I thought that I might need to reinstall cygwin, so I
reinstalled all components of cygwin I was using with setup.exe. I am
not sure what version of Cygwin, but hopefully it is up to date since I
used setup.exe to install. When I run uname -a I get CYGWIN_NT-5.1
1.5.20_0.156/4/2. Thanks.