Re: cygwin 1.5.20 and stalling cygstart

Krzysztof Duleba wrote:
I've just upgraded to 1.5.20 to get gvim 7 running and one of my programs doesn't work anymore.

I attach simple test case: if you compile foo.cpp and start it from a cygwin shell, it should run OK. However, if you start it from a windows shell / windows explorer / whatnot, you should see stalling cygstart. cygstart process won't exit even when you close notepad, you will have to kill it manually.

Reproduced with the latest snapshot. It can be even further simplified, just run 'perl foo.pl' from windows command line.

I include the foo.pl script inline as I've just got several messages about my attachments being blocked by antivirus software:

$ cat foo.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl

my $cmd = "cygstart /cygdrive/c/windows/system32/notepad.exe";
$cmd .= " \"foobar\"";
exec($cmd);

Krzysztof Duleba