Need Mesa or OpenGL for compiling src rpm?

Hello all,
New to the list. enjoying messing around with cygwin as I haven't dabbled in
linux for a year (and haven't ever messed with cygwin until recently).
(long story short: Getting message 'You need Mesa or an OpenGL-System
to compile Armagetron.' when compiling src rpm).

long story:
I was curious whether src rpms could be compiled for cygwin (cygwin is
labeled as a 'linux emulator' so it sounded like no to me , but
reading up on the web it seems you can).
So i tried my 1st test, i wanted to compile a game i loved to play called
armagetronadvanced (www.sourceforge.net/projects/armagetronad). I dled
the src rpm and ran
% rpm -ivh armagetron.src.rpm
then I went into the /usr/src/rpm/SOURCE directory and unzipped the
tar.bz2file now there.
I then tried running ./configure (and if that worked, afterwards i
would run make install as per the install-doc instructions).

During running ./configure, I got an error about libxml2, so I installed
that via cygwin's setup.exe.
Running it again, I got an error again, realized I needed libxml2's dev libs

which I also installed that via cygwin's setup.exe.

Then got another error for not having libSDL, which i think i got passed by
downloading and compiling libSDL.
(at this point i guess i figured out you can install src rpm's but id
like to finish this install to finish off this beast)

My last error cant figure out...

checking for glVertex3f in -lopengl32... no
OpenGL not found. Maybe it needs X11 to compile? Checking that...
checking for main in -lX11... yes

checking for main in -lXext... yes
./configure: line 12775: -L/usr/X11R6/lib: No such file or directory
checking for main in -lXt... yes
./configure: line 12837: -L/usr/X11R6/lib: No such file or directory

checking for main in -lXi... yes
./configure: line 12899: -L/usr/X11R6/lib: No such file or directory
checking for main in -lXmu... yes
./configure: line 12961: -L/usr/X11R6/lib: No such file or directory
checking for glBegin in -lopengl32... no

configure: error:
 You need Mesa or an OpenGL-System to compile Armagetron.
 Maybe your libGL needs the X libraries and your system does not
 find them? Read the file doc/install_linux.html.

I thought cygwin came with Mesa libs for Cygwin/X? (Cyg has... "OpenGL
Graphics - The Mesa 3D Graphics Library provides software-based OpenGL
support.")
I tried somehow on command line specifying where the mesa library is. but i
wasnt sure if this path was even right (probably not)?

% ./configure --x_libraries=/usr/X11R6
and didnt work as well.
I wasnt sure at this point, i was hoping for extra help.

Thanx in advance.