Re: 3.81 and windows paths

On 28-Jul-2006, Paul D. Smith wrote:

| Regardless, I still wonder whether my idea of building make for a POSIX
| environment with Cygwin, but setting HAVE_DOS_PATHS explicitly, would
| work.

If this could cause some valid Makefiles to do the wrong thing as cgf
suggests might happen, then can we at least make the behavior
optional, perhaps with a command line option or magic target (maybe
".WINDOWS_FILENAMES:")?  That way, people who don't ask for the
special feature won't be bitten by it.

Thanks,

jwe