Re: 1.5.21-1 missing header file 'jpeglib'

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Susana Manrique de Lara Sanz wrote:

> We don't know what packages you've installed, so can't say if this is
> a problem with your installation or a more general one.

I've install the default packages plus this ones:
Devel -> make, gcc-g++, cvs, gdb, libxml2-devel, patchutils
Net -> rsync, openssh
Text -> util-linux
Libs -> libjpeg62, libpng12-devel, zlib

Right -- all of this is in your cygcheck output.

> Please read and follow the Cygwin problem reporting guidelines at
> <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, particularly the part about
> attaching the output of "cygcheck -svr" (as an uncompressed text
> *attachment*).

Ok, so there it is the file with the output of cygcheck.

Thanks.

> > I install it from the internet and select all the packages needed.
> > IN libs section I need libjpeg62, libpng12-devel, zlib, which all
> > seem to be installed properly except from the first one.
>
> What makes you believe that?  The contents of the libjpeg62 is a
> single DLL, /usr/bin/cygjpeg-62.dll (which, BTW, is a compatibility
> DLL -- you should be installing libjpeg6b for a more current one).
> However, if you select the right packages, libjpeg6b should be
> selected automatically for you.
>
> Try "cygcheck -l libjpeg62" to see the contents of that package on
> your system.

I did it:
$ cygcheck -l libjpeg62
/usr/bin/cygjpeg-62.dll

Right. So why would you expect to find the include file there as well?

> I doubt that setup "forgets" to install any package that was selected
> by the user.  Try searching for the file you need on the Cygwin
> package search page at <http://cygwin.com/packages/>, and then install
> that package using setup.

Well, but the file I need is in the package I've already installed, the
libjpeg62, that as you said, by selecting it the libjpeg6b is also
selected to be installed.

Why do you think the file you need is in libjpeg62? The only file in that package is /usr/bin/cygjpeg-62.dll, which is what "cygcheck -l" shows you.

> Plenty to learn, then... :-)

yeah, now I wish I've learnt it before but it's never too late huh? ^_^

Nope, never too late. Try searching for the needed file (jpeglib.h) again on the package search page (<http://cygwin.com/packages/>), and install the package that actually contains it (according to your cygcheck output, you don't have it installed yet). Igor -- http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/ |\ _,,,---,,_ pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu | igor@watson.ibm.com ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Igor Peshansky, Ph.D. (name changed!) |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' old name: Igor Pechtchanski '---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!

that!" -- Rostand, "Cyrano de Bergerac"