Re: Checking XCOPY Exit Value in Cygwin Bash

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 08:26:11PM -0800, Shane wrote:
>> What's wrong with "cp -a" or "cp -r"?
>It only copied files that were directly under the source directory.  It
>didn't traverse the directories inside source recursively.  I did some
>searching and, I came up with a similar thread.  Finally the tar method
>was recommended in it too.  Please refer :
>http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/1999-December/016328.html and it's
>follow-ups.

1999 archives in a non-cygwin mailing list?  No, thank you.

I have used "cp -a" and "cp -r" any number of times with success on
cygwin.  However, if cp is not working correctly, I'm sure the coreutils
maintainer would be interested in fixing it, if you have further
details.

cgf