Re: Older postgresql versions [changed]

Reini Urban schrieb:
alecswan schrieb:
I installed Cygwin on my desktop long time ago. So, now I have old versions
of different packages, such as PostgreSQL 7.3.4 set up on my desktop.

I am currently trying to set up my laptop and I want to have identical setup
to my desctop. Which mean that I want an old version of PG.

So, my question is how to install old versions of Cygwin on my laptop that have old versions of Postgres on my laptop?

Google for the cygwin timemachine.

P.S. If somebody is interested why I need to install old versions of
PosgreSQL on my Windows machine, it's because PgAdmin2 (old versions, which
works with PostgreSQL 7.x) can import Access database, but not PgAdmin3.

PostgreSQL 7.x is still as src in libpq3. Install the src package for libpq3 and follow the instructions.

The old binary postgresql-7.4.5-1 is also available as prev, but it's hard to convince setup to install it.

Unfortunately it's too much work for me to support parallel postgresql server versions as in debian.

Ok, I'm convinced to prepare a new postgresql74-7.4.13-1 package tree, which installs into usr/lib/postgres74.
Importing MS-Access seems to be a cool feature.
--
Reini