Re[2]: uid having logged in with ssh

hi,

Wednesday, August 9, 2006, 10:17:59 PM, "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" wrote:

> Andy Keane wrote:
>> I am running sshd having set up the sshd service using ssh-host-config with
>> privilege separation and with sshd running as a server owned by the local
>> sshd_server user.
>> All is working fine and I can log in using my keys without the need for
>> passwords or without keys and using passwords.
>> My problem is that if I then try and run some processes after logging in
>> (specifically MPI ones) the system thinks I am the local sshd_server user
>> and not the person I wish to be.

>> Any ideas how I can get sshd working such that after log in I am really the
>> user I wish to be would be much appreciated.

> Patience. ;-)

i just want to add one more detail: i have the same setup with sshd.
plus, i use EFS (encrypting file system) on the sshd box.  now EFS
encrypts files ONLY for the user that writes them (and for so called
recovery agents, but they are set up globally and all EFS files are
decryptable for them), but not for all other users that may have
access to the files (based on the their file privileges).

so when i'm user X and log in through sshd, write some file and then
log on locally though a console, i can't read my own file, because the
file was encrypted for SvcCOPSSHD (the sshd user in my case).

i, too, would much appreciate a solution :)

--
/chris/