Re: gcc-3.4.4 compile dietlibc error on cygwin

Wang Yiping wrote:

> I met a problem on compiling dietlibc on the lastest gcc-3.4.4 with
> error. I don't know if I can do this on cygwin.

It's not really clear what you're trying to accomplish here.  If you're
trying to natively compile this lib then that's almost certainly going
to fail, as dietlibc supports the linux kernel only.  (Just like you
can't just compile glibc for windows and run it -- if this were possible
then there would be no need for Cygwin at all.)

If you're trying to cross-compile it for some other target then that
should work fine, but you can't use the native gcc for that.  You'll
need to build a cross-toolchain for whatever machine/architecture you're
targeting.  There are better lists to discuss this (such as crossgcc AT
sourceware . org) as it is a generic procedure that is not specific to
Cygwin.

Brian