Re: autom4te-2.13 missing in autoconf2.1-2.13-1

Charles Wilson schrieb:
Reini Urban wrote:
autoconf2.1-2.13-1

This package misses /usr/bin/autom4te-2.13 resp. the wrapper has no extra logic for the missing autom4te.

I solved it by
  cp /usr/bin/autom4te-2.5x /usr/bin/autom4te-2.13
Strangely this was the first time I needed such an old cruft, for catdoc.

autoconf-2.13 does not have and never has had an autom4te. Thus, there's nothing to wrap -- and copying the 2.5x version is certainly wrong -- because now aclocal will invoke autoconf-2.5x operations on a 2.13-specific project.

So PLEASE remove this guaranteed-to-break-stuff suggestion from your catdoc README:

test -e /usr/bin/autom4te-2.13 || ln -s /usr/bin/autom4te-2.5x
/usr/bin/autom4te-2.13

The real reason you got an error is described in this thread:

"Ping autoconf maintainer (was Re: auto tools issues)"

I encourage you to read the whole thing. (A possible workaround for your problem in building catdoc is to have your cygport script create a symlink within your build directory: aclocal -> /usr/bin/aclocal-${VER}, and then put the builddir in front of the PATH. This has the advantage of not permanently modifying the the regular cygwin environment just for catdoc-building)

Thanks for the hint. I forced the correct aclocal-1.4 now and fixed the README.

Later I'll try to persuade cygport to recognize the correct aclocal version in cygautoreconf.

--
Reini