Re: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 06:48:18AM -0400, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:17:52 +0100

>>   Eli, we have a tradition of snipping email addys on this list:
>> http://cygwin.com/acronyms#PCYMTNQREAIYR if you could please!
>
>This is really a PITA!  I reply to dozens of messages each day, and
>cannot afford editing the standard decorations of each mail.  What you
>see is the default way Rmail in Emacs quotes messages; if that's
>deemed inappropriate (I must admit it's the first time in 15 years I'm
>asked to do this), please someone submit a change to the Emacs
>developers' list to modify this behavior.
>
>Alternatively, why cannot your mail reflector convert them as it does
>with the addresses in the headers?  I _hate_ to be a slave of
>software.

Our "mail reflector" is the same thing that is used on any other mailing
list at sourceware.org/gcc.gnu.org.

The simple fact is that there is no reason to include email addresses in
the body of the message but if you don't want to bother with fixing that
then don't sweat it.  If you send email here, you are apt to see complaints,
though since it is the convention of the cygwin list not to do this.

cgf