RE: Control which drives are visible under Cygwin/OpenSSH?

On 29 August 2006 16:33, Thomas J Magliery PhD wrote:

> Hello, I have just installed the latest Cygwin and OpenSSH on my Windows
> XP Pro SP2 machine so that I can SSH into my data files from elsewhere.
> Works great.  However, I would like to block access to my other drives
> (programs, backups), just in case this gets hacked.  Is that possible?

  Not directly; when you're logged in with ssh, it's pretty much the same as
if you were sat at the keyboard using a bash shell.  The way to restrict
access to the other drives would be to create a new user account, only give
ssh access to that user account, and use the NTFS perms to block that user
from everywhere except the areas you want.

    cheers,
      DaveK