Re: Similar Bash 3.1.18 CR/LF Problem

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 01:14:37PM -0700, Wilks, Dan wrote:
>cgf wrote:
>>I really am getting a bad feeling that, rather than FIXING THE SCRIPTS,
>>everyone is reverting to using text mode mounts which are not what we
>>generally recommend.
>
>As much as I would love to work in a pure cygwin environment it's not
>always possible.  In our particular case the scripts are generated by
>the Win32 port of gnu's make.  It really wants to put a cr/lf on the
>end of the shell script it makes and invoke sh passing it the DOS
>pathname of that script.  I'd love to be able to use cygwin's make, but
>it's just not practical.

If you want to continue to use Cygwin tools, you really should
investigate converting the generated scripts.  This shouldn't be that
big a deal.  We're not talking about controlling the space shuttle
reentry here.  We're talking about running u2d.

Unfortunately, this change is butting up against the most basic core
goal of the Cygwin project.  If we can vastly improve the speed of bash
for people who are using Cygwin the way it was meant to be used then we
will definitely do that.  People who have not been entirely clear on
what Cygwin is supposed to be or are not willing/able to adapt might be
left behind by this and other similar changes.

cgf