Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: bash-3.1-9

Or even experiment with the SHELLOPTS environment variable.  If you set it
in windows, even the first run of bash will obey igncr; or, from within
bash, if you do 'export SHELLOPTS' to convert it from a shell variable to
an environment variable, then further bash invocations will inherit the
setting of this option, without having to edit every script.

This would be a good place for the "igncr" if it worked!

If i set this variable in windows to the value of just "igncr" I get the following error upon starting the bash:

bash: igncr: invalid option name

So I looked in the man pages for bash:

SHELLOPTS
A colon-separated list of enabled shell options. Each word in
the list is a valid argument for the -o option to the set
builtin command (see SHELL BUILTIN COMMANDS below). The options
appearing in SHELLOPTS are those reported as on by set -o. If
this variable is in the environment when bash starts up, each
shell option in the list will be enabled before reading any
startup files. This variable is read-only.

If I type "set -o" then "igncr" is *NOT* listed. Thus I assume this is the reason why the SHELLOPTS results in an error.