Re: How to select on a win32 handle?

On Oct  7 04:52, Peter Ekberg wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm finding that I have a need to select on a win32 handle. I found the
> function cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd which sounded promising, but I do
> not have any luck when I try to use it.

That won't work.  The Windows select function is only implemented for
sockets.  To implement a POSIX select function which allows to select on
any descriptor one needs to implement it specificially for each known,
resp. useful file type.  Naturally this won't work with a generic
Windows handle since Cygein doesn't know what it represents.  So Cygwin
is unable to provide a matching select function.

Corinna

Red Hat