RE: Bash 3.1.17(8): Scripts on textmode mount get problems with CR characters

On 10 October 2006 16:02, Bruun, Peter Michael (HP C&I CME OSS CoE) wrote:

> It has been one of the main strengths of Cygwin tools, that all of them
> understood this.

  That is not and never has been true.  The cygwin tools are standard unix
code and they only understand LFs.  The cygwin dll generates LFs for them, and
thanks to text mode mounts can even automatically translate CRLF files for
you.

  I know this thread is kind of old, but someone just made a post that implies
they expected VIM to understand DOS paths, so I thought the point was worth
making.

    cheers,
      DaveK