Re: GDB

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 01:14:27PM +0200, Schraner, Philipp wrote:
>Gnu debugger (6.3 and 6.5) for cygwin (called cygwin-special in
>version-postfix) seems to have a burried feature.  How can it manage
>that Eclipse stops a running process?  A standard compiled gdb is not
>able to do so.  cygwin-special gdb uses some DLLs not implicitly clear
>to know why (i.e.  COMCTRL.DLL, Tickle DLLs).  Are they used therefore?
>Is it a redhat secret how it works (non-open-source)?  If possible,
>please let me know how to manage that the signal(..) function can be
>used for CTRL+C on standard streams owned by a windows application as
>Eclipse.

Yep.  You guessed it.  It's non-open-source.  Bwahaha!

OTOH, I don't suppose that you actually *looked* at the source code that
is supplied with the package?  I think that is your best bet since I
don't really comprehend what you're trying to ask.  Maybe you're amazed
because gdb uses the Win32 API for debugging processes?