Possible to use pinvoke to call DLL built with cygwin

Hi guys,
   I'm trying to port an application onto Windows that was originally
developed for UNIX using rpc, pthreads, and AF_UNIX sockets.  I have
used cygwin to compile this application successfully.  One of the
components built is a DLL which I want to invoke from a C Sharp
application.  However, the application crashes whenever I call this
DLL via pinvoke in C Sharp.

************** Exception Text ************** System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'perm.dll': Invalid access to memory location. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703E6) at WinPcapRedirectorUI.Perm.meme () at WinPcapRedirectorUI.MainForm.statisticsButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\eclipse\workspace\winperm\WinPcapRedirectorUI\MainForm.cs:line 74 at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick (EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

I verified that the cygwin*.dll are in the path. I made a strip down version of a dll, it exhibited the same behavior. Next, I compiled the library with -mno-cygwin flag which surprisingly worked. I suspect that cygwin1.dll does not work with pinvoke. Can anybody confirm this is true? I prefer not to have to port the native application to Visual C or mingw32 as there are a lot of rpc and AF_UNIX sockets. Are there any other alternatives? Thanks in advance for your help! Regards, Sammy Yu