Xemacs print problem

All,

I have installed the xemacs as part of the cygwin setup.

When trying to print from within xemacs, xemacs crashes and fails.
This occurs either when selecting File->Print... or File->Page Setup.
The full xemacs output is below.

I have the Windows-native XEmacs installed, which has no such problem.

I have the printer set, and lpr directs appropriately.
$ echo $PRINTER
\\serveracct\laser_kitchen_ps

My coworker has the same problem.  He has never installed XEmacs other
than from within cygwin.  He has a2ps installed, which works.

I searched both cygwin for "xemacs print error" and xemacs "cygwin
print error" archives without seeing anything useful in the first few
pages.

The Users Guide does not seem to have a section for Printing
(anymore?), perhaps because it seems to automagically pick up enough
to have 'lpr' working.

cygcheck attached.

Any help or further pointer for a FM to Read would be welcome.

Eric Monsler

The xemacs dump:
Fatal error (11).

Your files have been auto-saved.
Use `M-x recover-session' to recover them.

Your version of XEmacs was distributed with a PROBLEMS file that  may describe
your crash, and with luck a workaround.  Please check it first, but do report
the crash anyway.  Please report this bug by invoking M-x report-emacs-bug,
or by selecting `Send Bug Report' from the Help menu.  If necessary, send
ordinary email to `xemacs-beta@xemacs.org'.  *MAKE SURE* to include the XEmacs
configuration from M-x describe-installation, or equivalently the file
Installation in the top of the build tree.

*Please* try *hard* to obtain a C stack backtrace; without it, we are unlikely
to be able to analyze the problem.  Locate the core file produced as a result
of this crash (often called `core' or `core.<process-id>', and located in
the directory in which you started XEmacs or your home directory), and type

gdb /usr/bin/xemacs core

then type `where' at the debugger prompt.  No GDB on your system?  You may
have DBX, or XDB, or SDB.  (Ask your system administrator if you need help.)
If no core file was produced, enable them (often with `ulimit -c unlimited'
in case of future recurrance of the crash.

Lisp backtrace follows:

 # (unwind-protect ...)
 make-device(msprinter nil)
 Printer-get-device()
 #<compiled-function nil "...(30)" [d default-msprinter-frame-plist
props Printer-get-device err (byte-code "ÂÃÄ       %§" ... 6) (...)
plist-put nil] 5 1056089 nil>()
 call-interactively(generic-page-setup)
 # (condition-case ... . error)
 # (catch top-level ...)