RE: CVS patch for cygwin

On 21 November 2006 12:47, lode leroy wrote:

> I applied the following patch to CVS-1.21.11-1 in order to allow myself
> to share sandboxes between WinCVS and cygwin/cvs.
>
> The problem is that WinCVS puts a CR/LF in the file "CVS/Root"
> on which cygwin/cvs chokes....

  Last time I checked, which was admittedly some years ago now, wincvs was
just a gui wrapper that shelled out to a commandline cvs client to do the
actual work for it.  So isn't the real problem that you're using the wrong cvs
client software with wincvs, i.e. you're using a cvsnt client instead of the
cygwin cvs client?

    cheers,
      DaveK