Re: OpenSSH and Microsoft ADS

Rui Covelo wrote:
Hi!

I'm a Linux and Mac OSX user but, unfortunately, I currently am a
windows sysadmin. Therefore I try do use cygwin to fill some
"deficiencies" of windows boxes.

I recently installed Cygwin and an OpenSSH server in a windows 2003
box. It has been running fine and all my colleagues are very happy
with rsync capabilities... all but one! One of my colleagues as been
having problems running Microsoft Automated Deployment Services (ADS)
and is blaming it on sshd... something that she didn't know what it
was...

According to her, she keeps loosing network connectivity and she
thinks it is an incompatibility with sshd. I found this very hard to
believe but I've been searching for a possible  problem.

Does anyone know any incompatibility issue between these to services?
Do you see anything in sshd that might cause network problems with any
other application?

No.  I'd recommend looking at other general network issues.  Or perhaps
the autossh package will help?

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746