Re: directory permissions problem with net use

Dave Sinclair wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin <reply-to-list-only-lh <at> cygwin.com> writes:

Specify the user name and password to "net use"?  If this is not it, we
need 'cygcheck -srv' output, your '/etc/passwd' and '/etc/group' entries for
'root', and whether you ssh in with password or public key authentication.
The former should work.  The latter requires the user name and password
supplied to "net use" as I mentioned above.

Thanks Larry, i tried it with a passoword/userid (see below) but no joy.

So you're using public key authentication? Does it work OOTB with password auth?

here's the cygcheck -srv output etc:

Should have told you to attach that. My bad. :-(

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746