RE: Gnupg problem

On 01 December 2006 18:35, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 12:54:39PM -0500, David Barr wrote:
>> I tried installing Gnupg 1.4.5-1 on a new system with the base Cygwin
>> install and a couple other packages.  When I tried to run gpg, it
>> would exit without any output or any error message.  I tried running
>> strace on the program, and I got an error message about a missing
>> cygminires.dll, so I installed the minires package, and gpg started
>> working.  Does minires need to be added to the requirements for the
>> gnupg package?
>
> It sure sounds like it.
>
> I'm not in a place where I can check on this easily.  Can anyone else
> confirm/deny whether gnupg needs cygminires.dll?  If so, I'll change the
> setup.hint file.

  Yes, it does.  It's a change between 1.4.1 and 1.4.5, at least:

/artimi/software/firmware $ gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.1
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2
/artimi/software/firmware $ cygcheck /usr/bin/gpg
C:/cygwin/bin/gpg.exe
  C:/cygwin/bin\cygbz2-1.dll
    C:/cygwin/bin\cygwin1.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
  C:/cygwin/bin\cygreadline6.dll
    C:/cygwin/bin\cygncurses-8.dll
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\USER32.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\GDI32.dll
  C:/cygwin/bin\cygz.dll
  C:/cygwin/bin\cygiconv-2.dll
  C:/cygwin/bin\cygintl-3.dll

/tmp $ /usr/bin/gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.5
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, AES, AES192, AES256, TWOFISH
Compression: Uncompressed, ZIP, ZLIB, BZIP2
/tmp $ cygcheck /usr/bin/gpg
C:/cygwin/bin/gpg.exe
  C:/cygwin/bin\cygbz2-1.dll
    C:/cygwin/bin\cygwin1.dll