Re: Help for debug and pause

sitha wrote:
Hi Everybody,
I am bit new to cygwin.
I want to know about two things very clearly pls help me.
1. how to debug a program written in C++? Pls give me little detail
explanation.

Use 'gdb' like so 'gdb <executable name>'. <executable name> must have been compiled with the '-g' switch.

2.How to pause a program while it is runing and then how to restart again?

CTRL-C to stop. 'c' to continue.

None of the is Cygwin specific and is therefore off-topic for this list.  You
should look at the 'gdb' documentation for more info.  You can find this
documentation locally if you installed 'gdb' by doing 'man gdb' or 'info gdb'.
You can find the documentation on the net at the GDB home page:

<http://www.sourceware.org/gdb/>

Holliston, MA 01746