Re: bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, João Gonçalves wrote:

> I am trying to start cygwin and I get this error message.
> I understand, from what I read, that this error is because I am using
> a different user. And that's true, I am using a different user, but I
> also lost the old user, because I installed windows again!
> Is to mount cygwin in my current user withou going to the old one? Or
> do I have to install cygwin again?

Please read and follow

Without that information, a WAG is that your initial Cygwin install was
for "Just me", and the new user is missing the standard mounts.  You can
either use the "mount" command to set up standard mounts, or just re-run
setup and tell it to install for "All users".  You don't need to reinstall
anything (though the above run of setup will upgrade your installation as
well unless you go into the "Keep" mode).
HTH,
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

Freedom is just another word for "nothing left to lose"...  -- Janis Joplin