RE: Cygwin 1.5.19 / sh.exe progressively drives a server to freeze ...

On 18 December 2006 16:33, Emmanuel TORRE wrote:

> The only clue I have is the these 2 boxes are runnig norton antivirus.
> But I excluded all cygwin stuff and accessed files from realtime scanning.

  Nonetheless, it is almost bound to be the problem.  It's not just the
realtime scanning: any of the buffer overflow protection, antispyware,
privacy, or other behaviour blocking features can cause the same problem.
Also, it's very hard to be sure that you've really excluded the source of the
problem even if you've told it to exclude cygwin stuff, as the AV may still
have hook functions installed all over the place which can mess things up by
their mere presence.

    cheers,
      DaveK