cygrunsrv interactive?

Hello,

I've been trying to use CYGRUNSRV to run an application that runs in a
loop and basically just contacts a socket server every 15 seconds. I've
tried various options to install the service so that it can run as
SYSTEM and interactive.

When starting the app with an appropriate user in the domain or local
computer, the service runs fine, however when running it as SYSTEM with
or without INTERACTIVE set, it fails stating that the program has
terminated unexpectedly.

When I use another utility, RunAsSvc.exe, the same program runs just
fine as SYSTEM and INTERACTIVE. The only problem with this utility is
that even though it allows batch installation, it does not allow you to
set INTERACTIVE via batch commands, and CYGRUNSRV does.

Why would an app run with as a user, but not as SERVICE if the app runs
a infinite While loop?

Any tips to get this working?

Thanks,
Max