Re: cygwin 1.5.23-2 : CREAD termios option don't work

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jan 11 16:53, Florent Morin wrote:
> > For testing, I have tried with a working program : stty. It works fine
> > with all options, but not with CREAD.
> >
> > $ stty cread < /dev/ttyS0
> > stty: /dev/ttyS0: unable to perform all requested operations
> >
> > Can someone explain this ?
>
> Please consider to debug this yourself.  Cygwin has no volunteer which
> is fluent with serial I/O right now.

This is not a regression from 1.5.18, which I know worked fine with serial
I/O.  I will try to test 1.5.23 when I get a chance, but I have no reason
to suspect it is broken.

CREAD appears to always be enabled but not indicated by tcgetattr or
controllable via tcsetattr right now.  So, the test case above is not
indicative of the original problem.

To the OP, posting your code might be informative.

--
Brian Ford
Lead Realtime Software Engineer