RE: SVN not working correctly...

On 16 January 2007 03:09, Leo28C wrote:

> ARGH, Linux and anything to do with it makes me SO mad... >:(
>
> How do I change the newlines? There's more than 100 files to change I
> believe, and it's hard to do with SciTE... :-/
>
> I downloaded RapidSVN, but I have no idea how to use it... What the hell's a
> "repository"? I uninstalled Linux for a reason, damn it! :-@
>
> HELP, I'm a Windows user! (ARGH)

  Tell us what you did, step by step, in particular:

How/where did you get the source code for the program?

If it was packed, how did you unpack it?

If you fetched it from a SVN server (a 'repository'), did you use command-line svn or a gui?

Have you mixed using command-line svn and a gui at all?

Is the text editor you're using capable of using unix line endings?  Does it have an option somewhere that lets you select?

  Basically, the problem has probably come from using a mixed set of tools, some cygwin, some windows-native, on the same svn working tree.  Hopefully the answers to those questions should show us where.

    cheers,
      DaveK