RE: struct passwd problem : running on XP

On 16 January 2007 12:53, DEMARCHE wrote:

> Thank you all for your help and support.
>
> To Corinna :
> well, my program was designed for being compiled even on Unix and Windows
> platform.
> As far as I understand, /etc/passwd file may be designed differently
> depending on the system.

  On windows, "differently" means "non-existent".

> To Dave :
> Yes, the use of mno-cygwin option seems to call a bad uid_t definition
> found on mingw/sys/types.h file.
> Is there a way to call another types.h file without modifying pwd.h header ?

  No, there is not, and that is because the pwd.h header does not go with
mingw.  It is for cygwin only.  Mingw does not provide pwd.h.

> Which definition of uid_t is correct ?

  None.  Mingw does not support uid_t.  Mingw does not implement getpwent.
You cannot do any of this stuff with mingw.

  (PS.  This is not a mingw mailing list.  Mingw programming questions should
go to the mingw mailing list.  When you use -mno-cygwin to compile, you are
using mingw, not cygwin.)

    cheers,
      DaveK