Why is setup.exe downgrading my packages?

Hello!

I have a quick question about setup.exe. Why is setup.exe trying to
downgrade some packages (e.g. libpq4) when I install other packages.
It's annoying. :-)

I'm in the situation that I need both libpq-devel-8.1.4 and
libpq4-8.1.4 for psycopg2 (python postgresql lib) to work. Whenever I
install a new package setup.exe takes the opportunity to also
downgrade libpq4 to 8.0.7 which breaks psycopg2. Very annoying.

Is there some way that I can prevent this from happening, other than
remembering to tell setup.exe to keep version 8.1.4 of libpq4?

Regards,
Mattias