man pages for functions and includes

Heck, it's easier to apologize than ask permission, so sorry in advance if this
is in the wrong newsgroup.

You can see what I'm looking for.  I've installed gcc and mingw for C packages
on my computer, but I am having trouble doing manual lookups for header files
like string.h, or functions like srandom.  Man is installed.  I use it
occasionally to look up command line arguments for gcc.

I'm a beginning developer, and a newbie linux user.  GUI is easy, and moving
away from DOS was something I dreaded when I was first introduced to NT-based
Operating Systems, so I'm really stuck here.

Do those manual pages appear in any packages, or is there a way I can install
them... ahem... manually?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew Pemrich (Digitalsabre)