Re: GDB Ctrl-C Interrupt Fails WORKAROUND

On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 07:21:15PM +0000, Pedro Alves wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>>?  Maybe we're not talking about the same thing but I don't see why it
>>matters what the order of function calls is.  If the inferior process
>>has already responded to a CTRL-C you don't want it to get another
>>interrupt.
>

>Yep, we were not talking about the same thing...  I was under the
>impression that gdb always saw the CTRL_C event, and was then resending
>it to the inferior in win32_stop, and then it was the CTRL_C event sent
>with GenerateConsoleCtrlEvent that wasn't getting through.  I was
>suggesting to use DebugBreakProcess in win32_stop, but that would solve
>a different problem.
>
>I spend a little time trying to get a workaround for the CYGWIN=tty
>case, and I had some success, but I don't think it is the right track.
>I can only get it to work when loading the test app through a gdb
>loaded in another gdb.  Here what I think it is happening in the
>CYGWIN="" case: When using a console, and the user types ctrl-c, gdb
>first sees the CTRL_C event, and then, the inferior sees it, which
>generates a DBG_CONTROL_C exception that gdb translates into a SIGINT.
>
>Anyway, it is not really my itch, so I'll leave it as that.  If someone
>wants the patch, just let me know.  Probably, having cygwin signals
>catchable in gdb would be time better spent, although that wouldn't
>solve the MinGW/'gcc -mno-cygwin' side of the problem.  I wonder why it
>never went into cygwin1.dll.  Chris, was it lack of time, or is there
>any major stumbling block?

The code in question is under a CGF conditional in exceptions.cc.  It
does not work right and, since this isn't a major issue for me, I
haven't investigated it lately.  I think that it is possible to make
things work but anyone who does will have to understand gdb and cygwin
signals.

cgf