Re: why is my gid different when I run my script under cron?

Jerome Fong wrote:
I forgot to note that the directory I am writing into is a shared directory on a different machine which only my windows XP user has privileges to write into. But my uid and gid matches when I run interactively and in batch, so I'm confused. Is there anything else it is restricting?

Please read and process responses to previous posts before following up
on your own posting with more questions.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746