RE: Slow performance following upgrade

On 23 March 2007 06:38, Zak Johnson wrote:

> I recently installed Cygwin (1.5.24(0.156/4/2)) on a new (dual-core)
> machine, and am seeing much slower performance than a February install
> of Cygwin on an older machine (no longer available for comparison, I'm
> afraid).
>
> I suspect it is a problem with disk IO, mostly because it is more
> noticable in software that does more file access.  In particular, I see
> readv and writev getting errno 2 (ENOENT) frequently.  For example:
>
>     $ PAGER=cat strace man man | grep 'errno 2' | wc -l
>     422

  Do you have any of the following installed?

- Sonic Solutions burning software containing DLA component (dlactrlw.exe)
- Norton/MacAffee/Symantec antivirus or antispyware
- Logitech webcam software with "Logitech process monitor" service
- Kerio, Agnitum or ZoneAlarm Personal Firewall
- Iolo System Mechanic/AntiVirus/Firewall
- LanDesk
- Windows Defender

  ?

    cheers,