Re: 'kill' cannot see other process but its own PID ?

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR

>> On Mar 29 09:30, Jurgen Defurne wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I just discovered that 'kill' is not able to test (-0) for processes
>> > which have been started from the cygwin environment, but
>> > running as another user, in this case as a service (UID = 0).
>> > [...]
>>
>> Depending on your user rights you might be unable to access the POSIX
>> process information object created by Cygwin processes running in
>> another session.  This is a result of a change starting with Windows
>> 2003 and XP 64 bit.  The current solution in Cygwin is slighlty
>> incorrect but we don't have a nice workaround so far.
>
> Ah, yes, and I am running... (drumroll)
>
> Windows 2003!
> [...]

I have checked in a patch to Cygwin which tries to workaround this
problem.  As soon as one process has been started by a user which
has the privilege to create global shared memory (SYSTEM, Admins), you
should be able to see all Cygwin processes in all sessions.  Please give
the next Cygwin developer snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ a
try.

Corinna

Red Hat