Re: Cygwin1.DLL soon to be Windows Vista only

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007, Roelf Renkema wrote:

> Igor Peshansky wrote:
>
> > Who said it was a gag?  Did you even try running the latest snapshot
> > on Win2k or WinXP?
>
> You mean that was cygwin? Damn I reinstalled win2k, xp and 2003 twice
> this afternoon because I was blaming MS.

Heh, you should have reinstalled Cygwin.  Everyone knows that a few
complete reinstalls always solve everything.

> I hate this. I'm agains this. Principally. But then again, if Cygwin
> would have been any good someone would have ported it to Linux long ago.
> We probably wouldn't be stuck with Corinna but complaining to Linus
> himself.

Oh, you poor soul.  You don't know, do you?

Well, here it comes:

"Linus Torvalds is just a pen name used in an alternating fashion by
Corinna Vinschen and Christopher G. Faylor."

So now you know the hidden agenda behind making Linux so much like Cygwin.

There, now everyone's in on the secret.  I hope CGF doesn't ban me
permanently from posting to this list.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/

Freedom is just another word for "nothing left to lose"...  -- Janis Joplin